What do you want to be?

Have you ever been asked this question? Who do you want to be?
As a child we are being nurtured with the word that created our future venues. 'Impian', 'Cita-cita' or for a parent would ask .... dik dik besar nanti nak jadi ape?...

At that moment we are seeing the world as naked as it is. Everything is interesting. every movement is so alluring, so vividly captured our minds to create path beyond path that help us to recollect values of interest into a groups of profession. When you are a child, it is so easy to defy what is that you want to be accordingly to what you see, see a plane/ i wanna be a pilot, see a car / i wanna be a race car driver, see people putting lightbulbs up / we wanna be an EN GI NEER...

When I was a child i wanted to be as simple as it can be, I wanna be a scientist, to help create things to help people progress through technology. As I learn more, i wanted to be a astronaut (in my thoughts, that's the best of a scientist could be, then better i shoot up for the skies). Then came the best cartoon ever 'ghostbuster', i thought better i'll be a ghostbuster, i can electricute those ghost that's been bugging me every nite /// S&&*t@&* to all of you underbed monster... hehe at that time...

Primary school came, daaamnnn it was the peak of technology. Games are alluring us in every angle, from tetris, micro geniuses (geniuses huh??), Nintendo, Sega. We were so into games, we created game in our school books... Remember Empire(using a math book with cross and circle as a mark to conquer ur friends), Ghost Hunting (flip from a page to another different page according to ur choice), Rubber game (putting up your eraser above ur opponent), the good pen game and many more... We were so into game, that i thought if i could be a game designer, i would be the happiest man in the world, i would... play a game for research... make a game for fun... dream of games that i want...walllaweih best giler...

At the end of primary, i remember how thoughtful my teacher was... back then we were always being scold on how ur parents has been spending numerous on u blablabla... apreciate blablabla... serong lagi blablabla...(hehe) at the end of UPSR, i was thinking... even we was being the devil of the devil, the teacher alwys been there for us, to scold us, to remind us, to TEACH us... then came the thoughts of a noble deeds.... I wanted to be a teacher someday... and someday i'll be there for my student... ...NOT hehe

Then came the secondary... ,I was playing around with my friend's computer a day, then suddenly his brother came up and said he has an urgent job to do... He was turning on a software called Photoshop... at that time... wallawey gambar kaler tukar itam putih gempak doowww.... It was Photoshop 4 by the way and I was in form 2. Seeing his brother doing his work... I was so interested to try this software... as i asked his brother what the software was, i quickly went home, breaking my piggy bank (well it is not a piggy its a post shape container...) rush up to Central Market, searching for pirated software, that time the photoshop was RM4 and i got all these free plugins woohoo... Came up to my computer and i installed it... I spend numerous hours on the software.... click here and there... Lucky for me my friends brother was the designer for the school magazine, and he saw my interest and string me in into an interview with the editorial board. I was so thrill, what i learn from a few days of clicking and dragging has turn a crap into an artwork that allow me to be one of the editorial board. As year pass by, I became the chief editor. As i seeing the board always looking up for me for ideas, and things to excite the magazine, i never gave up. I would spent everyday to give my board my full knowledge that i had, i went to KLCC everyday walking to the top floor 'Kino' to flick a page on photoshop just to ensure that everyday i have something to gave to them. I would spent 3 hours everyday at Kino just to remember and quickly run back to school to use the computer to practise on what i've learnt... BTW (I went to KLCC because of i dont really have any money to buy books, and all of my senior suggest Kino as being the best bookstore ever, so i went, so i learnt... haha free updated books woohoo... call me a bookworms... whutever...)... then i saw myself as a designer...

As i went to achieve my dreams of becoming a designer til current... I ponder... I remember something that my Creative Group head asked me ... That keeps on repeating itself... Keep on buzzing my head everyday...

What are your ambition? When you are small u wanted to be this and that. When you are a lil big u wanted to be another plane of this and that. What if what you wanted you have got it, then

Who/What do you want to be.... today?



PS:Ryo...Brother this is my answer... I want to be a better man...

Quotes of references
Great Prophet Muhammad "Search for a 'Rezeki' as if u're living this world for a long long time, 'Tawakal' as if there is never a tomorrow,"

Discovery "Time is relative... Ideas are infinite"

V "You can't kill an idea"

2 comments:

Hibah said...

Before primary - baker,cuz i love icing on cakes. Primary - Spy cuz watched too many spy movies. Secondary - Astronaut, painter, writer, news representative..blabla.
Now - designer.

haih...He has given me the power to dream.but He has better plans kot.heheh.

afi said...

tadika: superman
primary: Steward, Crafter, Akauntan, Pelukis, Businessman, Pilot, Polis, etc. Now im Designer cum farmer cum event planner.

:P

 

Sematdow Design by Fairuz Nordin © 2010